As long as poverty, injustice & inequality persist, none of us can truly rest. It doesn’t take much to change a life, Get in touch today and start making the difference.
TACKLING THE ISSUE OF HOMELESSNESS
Streetscapes, a Khulisa’s flagship programme, provides a model for sustainable urban regeneration and addresses the neglected needs of this very vulnerable population. Departing from typical emergency relief type of services for the homeless, Streetscapes is structured to address their multi-dimensional needs. The ten project sites combined supported employment, psychosocial support and a ‘housing first’ type of accommodation.
- Daily attendance 84%
- 47% move off the streets in 3 months, 79% in 6 months
- 110 full time participants, all previously chronic homeless
- 87% have chosen to participate in substance recovery programme
- 100% have received IDs and bank accounts
- 100% have done primary health assessments and either have no health issues or are in treatment
- Earned income for each participant R 2300 – R 3500 per month
Donate to Streetscapes
As long as poverty and justice and inequality persist, none of us can truly rest. It doesn’t take much to change a life.
Do you have a skill and time available? then join us in building a healthier South Africa for all.